- Origins: Focus on brand identity and communications.
- Early Days: Digital was relegated to just execute branded elements and there was no competition.
- Today: Competes with full-service digital agencies for integrated strategy and creative. Hires emerging agencies for innovative campaigns.
Today’s barrier for digital agencies to enter the brand agency market: Traditional Strategy
- Don’t have the big client relationships.
- Lack of brand platform development.
Shrinks to creative services and telling stories.
To compete as the "new agency", must acquire or integrate digital, social, product, and UX design disciplines.