Emerging Technology (EMG)
- Origins: Small shops with niche media and/or technology competencies (i.e., mobile, social, gaming).
- Early Days: Hired by or partnered with advertising, creative, and CRM agencies. Acquisition candidate as specific media becomes entrenched.
Barriers for traditional marketing agencies: Digital utility, platforms and implementation
- Advertising, branding and PR agencies don’t have the ability to develop for utility, build platforms or have as strong measurement and analytics.
Barriers for business marketing agencies: Digital design and implementation
- IT agencies don’t have the design abilities.
- Management consulting agencies don’t have the implementation capabilities.