- Origins: Business information technology consultancy and development.
- Early Days: Marginally competed with web design. Partnered with CRM, creative design and management consulting agencies on implementation.
- Today: Competes with all digital agencies. Partners with digital agencies and management consulting agencies. Hired by in-house corporate and media agencies.
Barrier for digital agencies to enter the IT design market: Traditional technology
- Limited back-end development
- Lack of business IT strategy
Loss of market share to digital agencies due to the strategy offering for full solutions to business and marketing technologies.
Market category defined by operational systems development.
To maintain this traditional market definition, IT agencies must expand into user-focused product design, other creative design capabilities and integration of new media.